Onam Sadya Recipe 2018 | Special food items: Onam is one of the important and popular festivals of Kerala. But the festival celebrates internationally. That is only because of the Kerala peoples all over the world. Each and every corner of our world contain a minimum of 1 mallu (man from Kerala).Onam Sadya 2018 , This year the bigger festival is celebrated in August month. The Onam 2018. Here we are sharing some important and tastiest recipes for the occasion of Onam festival. All of these recipes are traditional and so tasty. Here is the list of these special recipes.
Onam Sadya 2018
Onam sadya is one of the favourite things of all the people of Kerala in Onam celebration. Each and every people make the Onam sadya in their houses on the grand day of Onam called Thiru Onam. The highlights of Onam Sadya include the Payasam, Sambar, Pappadam, Thoran, Pazham and much more food.
Onam Sadya Recipes 2018 | Special food items
- Pineapple pachhady
- Kaya Varuthath
- Tomato thokku
- Coconut Chutney
- Mor Kuzhambu
- Dry Fruit Kesari
- Banana Halwa
- Paladas Pradhaman
- Rice Puttu
- Tomato rasam
Onam Sadya Recipe
Onam Wishes and greetings are the very important factor in the season of Onam festival. Here are the some important wishes and messages tips. Check out the lists of Onam Wishes and Greetings 2018.
- Onam 2018
- Onam Wishes 2018
- Onam Images 2018
- Happy Onam wishes 2018
- Onam greetings 2018
- Onam Malayalam
- Onam Wishes and messages 2018
- Onam Pookalam 2018
- Onam festival History
- Onam Recipes
Onam 2018 Special Sambar
The sambar is one of the important recipes in Onam sadya. In this year we are sharing some simple methods to make sambar. Check out the method and make tasty sambar. Onam 2018
Methods to Make Sambar
- Chana Dal – 1/2 a cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 small or 1/2 of 1 medium
- Asafoetida -1 small piece
- Carrot – 1/2 of one
- Pumpkin – 4 to 5 pieces
- Cucumber – 4 to 5 pieces
- Cluster beans – 4
- Yam – 4 to 5 pieces
- Drumstick – 1
- Tamarind – lemon size
- Shallots -15
- Garlic-1 clove
- Green chilli – 2
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Ladies finger – 4
- Curry leaves – 1string
- Sambar powder – 2 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder -1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinch
- Fenugreek powder – 2 pinch
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1/4tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 pinch
- Dry red chilli – 3 to 4
- Curry leaves – 1string
- Sambar powder- 1/2tbsp
- Wash and soak the tamarind in water
- Wash dal and pressure cook by adding enough water, turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt and all the vegetables except ladies finger, tomato and shallots.
- Cook for 1 whistle in medium flame.
Open the cooker bu releasing the pressure manually.
Do not wait for the pressure to settle down automatically
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil and saute shallots and garlic till it becomes transparent.
- Reduce the flame and add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder.
- When the raw smell goes, add 2 tbsp of sambar powder
- Keep the remaining 1/2tbsp aside
- Saute till the raw smell goes
- Add fenugreek powder and asafoetida powder
- Add plenty of curry leaves
- Keep them aside
Open the cooker after releasing the pressure and add tamarind water, roasted onion mix, tomato, ladie finger, green chilli and jaggery
- Add enough hot water,if required
- Allow to boil for about 10 minutes in medium flame .
- Check the salt and sourness ..
- It should reduce its quantity by 1/4th of the total quantity
Now heat coconut oil, add dry red chillies, splutter mustard seeds ,fenugreek seeds,curry leaves one by one and finally the remaining 1/2tbsp of sambar powder.
Turn off the gas and add the seasoning into the sambar
Mix well and close the cooker for few minutes.
Do not put the weight on the lid.
- Check the Video to Make Sambar
Check the Onam Wishes and Greetings below